a real world point of view
|The Three Paths|
|Key crew __NOFACTBOX__|
|Part of:||Short Trips: Farewells|
|Short Trips short stories|
|The Wickerwork Man|
Everyone has a purpose and everyone has a meaning to life, but what is the Doctor's purpose?... Ever since he left his homeworld of Gallifrey, the Doctor has been drifting throught Time. But now, it's time to face what he has become, because today, the Doctor returns home to face his past... and his present... and possibly his future.
- Steven didn't take HiFi when he left the Doctor.
- The TARDIS's fault locator has broken down.
- The Doctor's ring had a part in his escape from Gallifrey.
- Susan is mentioned, and she is said to take after her mother.
- K'anpo calls the Doctor "snail", when he declines being called Theta.
- Ben and Polly are sleeping in the TARDIS.
- The Doctor returns to Gallifrey on the same night in which he departed.
- This story contains a short flashback to a previous meeting of the Doctor with his mentor at the age of thirty.
- Bobby Zierath is remembered by the Doctor. (PROSE: The Schoolboy's Story)
- The Doctor wears his fingerless gloves, worn by him previously in PROSE: Roses and TV: The Five Doctors.
- The Doctor is referred to by his Academy nickname, Theta. (TV: The Armageddon Factor, The Happiness Patrol)
- K'anpo gave the Doctor back his Five Hundred Year Diary.
- The Doctor is initially afraid of regeneration, similar to his tenth incarnation. (TV: The End of Time)
- The Doctor drew pictures of Torvic in his diary. (AUDIO: Master)