a real world point of view
|Main setting:||Institute of Time|
|Key crew __NOFACTBOX__|
|Part of:||Short Trips: Life Science|
|Short Trips short stories|
|Scribbles in Chalk||The Age of Ambition|
- You may wish to consult
The Endfor other, similarly-named pages.
The world-weary Doctor and his time-travelling friends of various races join together to found the Institute of Time. One of the time-travellers asks the Doctor if the Institute will still be standing at the end of the universe. The Doctor takes a trip in the TARDIS to find out. Arriving near the end of the universe, the Doctor finds the Institute in ruins. All of his friends have killed themselves because they know they have no place in the next universe. The Doctor finds his first incarnation standing in the ruins and talks with him. The Doctor tells his future self not to give up; there are plenty of new planets to visit. With a new sense of adventure the Doctor travels back in time to the founding of the Institute, but does not tell his friends what he saw.
- Radregh is an Alsheen.
- The Doctor had dreamt of building the Institute since his first incarnation lived on Gallifrey.
- The Doctor claims that his memory is beginning to fade after his first thousand years of living.
- The Doctor wonders if his lack of memory means he will soon regenerate.
- The Hive asphyxiated itself on Marlboro cigarettes.
to be added
- The Doctor says there was a rule among the Time Lords that they musn't travel beyond a certain point in time. Although he can remember the rule and the time, he cannot remember why the rule was made. (TV: Frontios) Later in his life, the Tenth Doctor travels to the year 100 trillion, and mentions that not even the Time Lords had ever travelled this far. (TV: Utopia)